Come hear reports on AASCEND participation in:
- World Autism Awareness Day at the United Nations
- The San Francisco Human Rights Commission hearing on autistic needs
- Michael Bernick’s Forbes Magazine Report on a New York autism employment meeting
- Panel presentation at the San Francisco Resource Fair
- Presentations at the Autism Awesomeness Event
- Best Buddies Walk
- Autism presentations in three cities in France (report at later date)
In the words of UN Secretary General António Guterres, “On World Autism Awareness Day, let us reaffirm our commitment to promote the full participation of all people with autism, and ensure they have the necessary support to be able to exercise their rights and fundamental freedoms.”
As always, attendees on the spectrum will offer their experience and perspectives throughout the program.
Who: Adults on the autism spectrum, families, mentors and professionals all welcome. For more information, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
When: Sat May 19, 10am – noon
Where: The Arc of SF 1500 Howard St. @ 11th St. SF, CA 94103 map
For more information about employment on the autism spectrum, join us at:
Spectrum Employment Community by AASCEND on LinkedIn
Parking is usually available in the garage at 255 12th Street, with a reasonable flat rate for Saturdays. There is also metered street parking for $2.25/hr.